06 April 2011

Ready, Set, Go.


I am 27 weeks pregnant with the above-pictured little lady. She spends her days dancing and wiggling in a warm dark pool, unaware that her every movement makes me smile. I like to entertain the idea that, at one point, I could bring such unadulterated joy to someone without trying.
In under ten weeks she'll be thrust into the world, screaming her head off in reaction to the blindingly bright and comparatively cool hospital room. As it is, she cannot possibly fathom what lies before her.
Is it naive to imagine that my concept of reality is any better informed than hers? I've been residing in this comfortable little reality womb my whole life, more or less. At the least, this reality is a little bigger than what she's accustomed to. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment

?